I don’t care what anyone says. Veggie sandwiches are the bomb dig. I order them at every bagel place, and American lunch fast casual place I go. They are a) GORG, b) so fresh, and C) a great easy way to get vegetables in.
This sammy can be a perfect option for a lunch at work, a breakfast by throwing some avo or for you egg eaters an egg, or for a snack. Make it a big meal by pairing it with a salad, or eat it plain. Add or subtract ingredients here to your liking.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread or sour dough or any bread you love. I bake my own from this recipe: [seeded wheat bread]
- Hummus: [oil free beet hummus] [good neighbors hummus]
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp shredded carrots or carrots sliced very thinly (like 1/4 long carrot)
- 4-6 slices cucumber sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp sliced red onion
- 3 slices tomato
- 6 small thin slices of beets
- Greens of any type
- 2 slices romaine